Entry #2
Reflecting on the past writing experiences I fall definitely into the learning view: Traditional Writing Classroom. From the acquisitional view standpoint, if I had have known the writing process today, I knew I would have made me a more comfortable and confident writer. I remember in junior high and high school you were expected to write a composition without much guidance or skills. When you add 98% of writing being thinking, it was an enormous task. No wonder motivation and end product was not my personal best. During the adult ears, I learned that writing is recursive. You have permission to move about freely, shifting gears within the writing process: Growing up, it appeared a writing piece was expected to be correct from the get go. I view myself as an acquisitional writer. Today, I welcome, the input from others and responses to my drafts rather than only my own response. I realize that the content of my composition is improved and the message is clearer.
Excellent reflection.
ReplyDelete